I was born on a houseboat in the city of Leiden, The Netherlands. Now I work and live in Italy, not far from Rome.
My heart is in making portraits, although also a still life is every so often on the easel. I work with oils using the 'glazing technique', which stems from the 17th century and is rooted in Dutch and Italian tradition.
Occasionally I teach classic painting, at home and abroad.
Commissions are welcome, please feel free to use the contact form below for more information.
- Titonator, IT-company in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Museum Sophienholm, solo exhibit in the Cobra-rummet, in Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
- Gallery Knud Grothe in Charlottenlund, Denmark
- The Ambassy of The Kingdom of The Netherlands in Copenhagen, Denmark
- The Church of the Frisians H.H. Michael and Magnus, located on the border of the Vatican City in Italy, almost touching the St.Peter's Square
- Gallery Art Connection, Orte, Italy
- 24,25,26 of May 2024 ''Biennale di Amelia'', Italy.